- Designed to suit the needs of the self-employed, sole traders, small traders and home workers
A competitive package of covers with generous and flexible limits designed to meet the needs of most sole or small traders.
- Public and products liability cover of £1m with an option to increase to £5m
- Legal defence costs up to £250,000 for alleged breach of Health and Safety Act or Consumer Protection Act
- Legal expenses up to £100,000 any one claim and £1,000,000 in the period of insurance for employment, prosecution, property, taxation and contract disputes. (Some sections have lower limits.)
And A Range of Flexible Options
- Employers’ liability up to £10m limit of liability
- Tools up to £5,000 per person with an option for theft from vehicle overnight
- Business stock up to £5,000 for homeworkers storing materials at their own premises
- Business equipment up to £10,000 for homeworkers' items not insured under Tools
- Contract works up to £500,000 sum insured
- Own plant up to £25,000 sum insured
- Hired-in plant up to £50,000 sum insured
- Personal accident for permanent staff for employment related accidents up to £35,000 for death and capital benefits, £500 per week for temporary total disablement and £200 per week for temporary partial disablement
Click here to visit our FAQ's page
Examples of where we have a particularly strong appetite, are actively targeting, and have been found to be at our most competitive.
- Hair and Beauty
- Professional consultancy and catering
- Cake Makers
Positive risk features
Factors we will take into account to make our sweet spots even more competitive.
- Negligible or low food risks
- Low claims frequency
- Length of time in the business
Risks we would never write, or write only rarely forming a small part of a wider portfolio.
- Individual risks with more than 8 employees
- Policyholders with business premises
- Working at height more than 15m or depth>3m
- Contract works greater than £500,000
- Tradespeople & Homeworkers brochure.pdf
- RSA Tradespeople Policy Wording - UKC04712D (Feb 2019).pdf
- RSA Homeworkers Policy Summary - UKC04715C (Oct 2019).pdf
- RSA Homeworkers Policy Wording - UKC04713E (Feb 2019).pdf
- Tradespeople Policy Wording - UKC04712C (April 2018).pdf
- Tradespeople Policy Summary - UKC04714A (March 2015).pdf
- Homeworkers Policy Wording - UKC04713C (April 2018).pdf
- Homeworkers Policy Summary - UKC04715A (March 2015).pdf
- RSA Tradespeople Policy Summary - UKC4714C (Oct 2019).pdf
EXPRESS CLAIMS HANDLING
We express handle suitable commercial property claims worth up to £2,500. This means that we aim to conclude settlement within 24 hours* by collecting important information to validate the policy cover at first notification, and making payment by your customers' preferred methods.
*core working hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm