- Public Liability,
- Products Liability,
- Overseas Liability
Suits: Multinational and UK corporate businesses
As the economy continues to change, in complexity, in interconnectedness, in sheer scale, so too do businesses’ need to gain an accurate assessment of the risks they face. With costly over-protection on the one hand and catastrophic loss on the other, the need to get it right has never been greater. We are able to offer your customer bespoke liability insurance solutions including non-conventional arrangements such as deductible, captive and retro rated programmes. We will work together with you and your customers, to ensure that we have a firm understanding of their needs which will allow us to deliver the most appropriate worldwide coverage and risk management support.
We provide your customers with the protection they need for:
- Accidental injury to any person
- Accidental loss/damage to property
- Interference with/loss of enjoyment of property as a result of trespass or nuisance
- Financial Loss
We are proud to support your customers through our capability to:
- Construct global programmes tailored to their business needs and requirements
- Issue paper in over 170 countries and territories by using our own offices and our global network partners with the added benefit of their knowledge of local legislation which ensures that local compliance is achieved
- Assist with their queries as a result of the high level of technical expertise within our experienced Casualty team
- Offer crisis management response and support
Businesses all over the world need expert advice and effective cover which will range from initial start up locations overseas to established multinational programmes.
Working closely with our partners, we can offer a deep understanding of local markets in every sector, from legislation to regulation to taxation, backed up by a real feel for the important intangibles, such as local commercial standards and culture. Our partners have been carefully selected not only for their expertise but because they share our commitment to proactivity, integrity and flexibility. Ultimately it all adds up to effective support worldwide, whatever the need, whatever the scale.
The services delivered by our worldwide network include:
- Underwriting guidance, policy issuance, claims handling and risk engineering
- Culturally-aware support, delivered in local languages
- Efficient cross border transactions and cash flow management
- Comprehensive, expert risk management
- Real time premium and claims data
- Proactive monitoring of underwriting and claims service
- Flexibility and responsiveness, for rapid resolution of issues
RSA Risk Management services
Our risk engineers’ and account consultants’ long experience in every sector, all over the world, have enabled a deep understanding of the specific risks faced by businesses on any scale, whatever their industry. They work closely with customers and brokers to identify and assess risks, and develop customised and comprehensive improvement programmes that achieve the optimum balance between mitigation and transfer, delivering effective protection at the lowest possible cost.
Our risk management services include:
- Full surveys and audits
- Liability management programmes
- Project reviews
- Post loss risk evaluations
- Benchmarking against industry peers
Examples of where we have a particularly strong appetite, are actively targeting, and have been found to be at our most competitive.
- Food and Drink
- Professional Risks
Positive risk features
Factors we will take into account to make our sweet spots even more competitive.
- Good Risk Management
- Dedicated Health and Safety Manager with High Visibility
- Established Safety Culture
- Central Focus on Risk Management KPIs
- Legal Contracts Control
- Supply Chain Control
Our Claims team is dedicated to supporting our customers when they need us most – from the epic to the everyday; we keep customers moving when the worst happens.
We are committed to providing the best possible service, wherever it happens in the world. Delivering on that commitment takes comprehensive expertise. Our claims specialists bring deep technical know-how, empowered through continual training, and subject to regular quality and technical audits. We offer dedicated relationship and claims management, and have a special complex claims unit to oversee large-scale and complex claims. We bring the right blend of additional specialists, from counter-fraud and supply chain experts to marine surveyors and legal providers. Making sure you have the right expertise on every claim, every time.
Our approach is one of close liaison and partnership with our customers; we deliver the things our clients tell us they value: reliability and transparency from start to finish; clear access to decision makers and teams built around you; strong controls around reserving, consistent technical capability around the globe. At all times we keep things simple, deliver on our promises, and ensure that we’re easy to deal with.
With claims handlers tracking progress from first notice of loss through to settlement, keeping customers informed throughout, and making interim payments as necessary, our smooth and seamless procedures minimise the impact of any incident, and ensure that claims are settled as quickly, efficiently and professionally as possible.
Our claims management offers:
- Claims specialists with technical know-how for example disease and injury management
- Specialist unit for large-scale and complex claims
- Comprehensive supply chain and specialist partners
- Reliability and transparency throughout
- Clear access and escalation points
- Strong controls around reserving
- A consistent licensing system
- A single worldwide technical quality benchmark
- Quick and efficient settlement
Global Claims Handling
Our extensive global knowledge and resources in over 170 countries and territories can be easily accessed locally through our expert teams who can handle claims in the affected territory in the local language. Our information platform provides accurate premium and claims data enabling better control over coverage and cash flow around the world.
Crisis Management Service
We've listened to our brokers and customers and updated our product to enable us to provide your clients with our Crisis Management Service in partnership with DWF. It brings together all the expertise and experience needed to help your clients prepare and manage any business crisis occuring in the UK, such as serious injury or fatal accident on their premises, or a product causing serious injury. Our service is able to give your customers a peace of mind around the clock, increased control to limit the adverse impact of a crisis, added value for their businesses and time savings for management by leaving it to the experts.
We pride ourselves in our flexible approach and are happy to discuss any existing arrangements you may have with loss adjusters. However we are also able to provide loss adjusting services in the UK through our in-house adjusting team, LAS Liability. We are the only insurer to offer this facility. Our team is made up of highly experienced liability claims specialists who undertake field investigations across the UK. We frequently benchmark our Liability loss adjusting team against external providers to ensure that we consistently lead the market in terms of speed, value and technical expertise. With real-time access to claims handlers, underwriters and the latest technology, we bring an in-depth knowledge of a wide range of claims, with particular expertise in employers’ liability, public liability, product liability, motor pollution, personal accident & industrial disease, stress and abuse.
- Complex Claims Unit for claims that require specialist knowledge
- Regionally allocated teams offer local knowledge and contacts