- Buildings Insurance,
- Rent Insurance,
- Alternative Accommodation Insurance
Suits: UK Corporations with residential property
Our specialist team of underwriters can provide the right level of cover and service your customer need to protect their investments in blocks of flats.
- Buildings Insurance
- Loss of Rent cover
- Alternative Accommodation
- Public Liability Insurance
- Employers' Liability Insurance
- Contents Insurance
For a full copy of the wording, please contact your local underwriter at RSA.
Examples of where we have a particularly strong appetite, are actively targeting, and have been found to be at our most competitive.
- Purpose built Blocks of Flats
Positive risk features
Factors we will take into account to make our sweet spots even more competitive.
- Post 1960 built
- Standard construction including concrete floors
- Over 3 years old
- Professional lets or owner occupied
- Majority occupied
- Declared value £1m-£10m
- Up to 10 stories in height
- Favourable claims history
- Single or multiple premises
- Low flood and subsidence exposure
- Well managed (on site personal, maintenance, caretaker)
- Good Security (electronic entry, 24 concierge, alarms)
- Moderate values for fixtures and fittings
- Converted block of flats
- Non-standard construction (terms may be applied)
- Mixed tenants
- Some commercial element to the block is acceptable (i.e. retail on ground floor)
Risks we would never write, or write only rarely forming a small part of a wider portfolio.
- Student accommodation
- Social housing/housing associations
- Holiday lets
- Standalone commercial premises
- 100% unoccupied blocks or blocks undergoing refurbishment
0330 102 4004